Volunteer Program | WORKAROUND – Women Design Action
Volunteer at RMIT Design Hub as part of our upcoming exhibition WORKAROUND.
Gain valuable skills, develop new networks and expand your knowledge in a broad range of design fields. Volunteers are essential to Design Hub’s exhibition program, assisting with the day-to-day running of our spaces as the public face of our building.
As part of WORKAROUND volunteers will have the opportunity to assist in delivering a dynamic program of daily episodes. The exhibition takes a broadcast format – we have invited fourteen practitioners who work within an expanded field of architecture to host a situation or happening or series of events, spanning a single day.
- Assist with the delivery of events, programs and broadcasting activity
- Greet audience and participants
- Provide visitors directions, event and schedule specific details
- Provide visitors with general information about Design Hub and our upcoming exhibitions
- Assist in maintaining gallery safety and security
- Maintenance of the presentation of public spaces
- General event operations support (some out of hours)
- Administrative duties as required
This program requires availability of at least one four hour shift per week for the duration of the exhibition (Wednesday 25 July - Saturday 11 August). Shift times are:
Tuesday - Friday 10am – 2pm / 1 – 5pm
Saturday 12 – 4pm / 1 – 5pm
- Invitations to openings and special events
- Skills development
- Network development
- Design knowledge growth
- Written references where appropriate
All volunteers will be fully inducted by the Design Hub team before the opening of WORKAROUND. Please keep Tuesday 24 July 5.30 – 7pm available.
To apply, please email the Volunteer Registration Form, your resume and availability by COB Friday 29 June to RMIT Design Hub Staff: