Volunteer Program | Super Tight
Volunteer at RMIT Design Hub Gallery as part of our upcoming exhibition Super Tight.
Gain valuable skills, develop new networks and expand your knowledge in a broad range of design fields. Volunteers are essential to Design Hub Galleries day-to-day running. They are the public face of our building and are integral to our exhibition and public programs.
Volunteers will play an important role in the delivery of Super Tight and the exhibition's diverse public programs. Each week we will host a bar talk where an invited speaker will unpack ideas around spatial tightness, small footprint living, density, and more. There will also be regular workshops for students in the galleries.
- Assist with the delivery of events and programs (some out of hours).
- Greet audience and participants.
- Provide visitors directions, event and schedule specific details.
- Provide visitors with general information about Design Hub Gallery and our upcoming exhibitions.
- Assist in maintaining gallery safety and security.
- Maintenance of the presentation of public spaces.
- Administrative duties as required.
This program requires availability of at least one three hour shift per week for the duration of the exhibition (Friday 26 July - Saturday 21 September).
Shift times are:
Tuesday - Friday 10 am – 1pm / 12 – 3pm / 2 - 5pm
Saturday 12 – 3pm / 2 – 5pm
- Invitations to openings and special events
- Skills development
- Network development
- Design knowledge growth
- Written references where appropriate
All volunteers will be fully inducted by the Design Hub team before the opening of Super Tight.
To apply, please email the Volunteer Registration Form, your resume and availability by COB Friday 12 July to RMIT Design Hub staff:
Image courtesy of Andy Stiff.