Occupied Volunteer Program
Volunteer at RMIT Design Hub as part of upcoming exhibition Occupied. Volunteers play an important role at Design Hub; they are the public face of our building and assist with the day-to-day running of our public spaces. Volunteers at Design Hub will gain valuable skills, develop new networks and gain new knowledge into a broad range of design fields.
- Greet visitors and provide directions
- Provide visitors with information about the Design Hub and specific exhibitions and programs
- Assist with building and exhibition tours
- Gallery sitting and security
- Maintenance of the presentation of public spaces
- General event operations support (some out of hours)
- Administrative duties as required
This program requires availability of one three-hour shift per week, 11am - 2pm / 1 - 4pm Tuesday - Friday or 12 - 3pm / 1 - 4pm Saturday for the duration of the exhibition, Friday 29 July - Saturday 24 September.
- Skills development
- Network development
- Written references where appropriate
- Design knowledge growth
- Invitations to openings and special events
To apply, please complete the Volunteer Registration Form email a resume and cover letter explaining your interest and motivation by COB Wednesday 13 July to RMIT Design Hub Exhibition Assistants: