Volunteer Program | New Agency: Owning Your Future
Volunteer at RMIT Design Hub as part of our upcoming exhibition New Agency: Owning Your Future.
Gain valuable skills, develop new networks and expand your knowledge in a broad range of design fields. Volunteers are essential to Design Hub’s exhibition program, assisting with the day-to-day running of our spaces as the public face of our building.
Volunteers will guide visitors through a series of interactive Chambers that ask us to reimagine home ownership and the future of ageing. This live research project invites visitors to read case studies, listen to provocations and contribute their own views on ageing in a changing economic climate. New Agency will also feature a series of related programs that will occur in the exhibition space.
- Greet audiences and guide them through the interactive activities in the space
- Assist with the delivery of events
- Provide visitors directions, event and schedule specific details
- Provide visitors with general information about Design Hub and our upcoming exhibitions
- Assist in maintaining gallery safety and security
- Maintenance of the presentation of public spaces
- General event operations support (some out of hours)
- Administrative duties as required
This program requires availability of at least one four hour shift per week for the duration of the exhibition (Wednesday 29 August – Saturday 22 September).
Shift times are:
Tuesday - Friday 10am – 2pm / 1 – 5pm
Saturday 12 – 4pm / 1 – 5pm
- Invitations to openings and special events
- Skills development
- Network development
- Design knowledge growth
- Written references where appropriate
All volunteers will be fully inducted by the Design Hub team before the opening of New Agency.
To apply, please email a completed Volunteer Registration Form, your resume and availability by COB Wednesday 22 August to RMIT Design Hub Staff: