PRS Volunteer Program at Design Hub
Volunteer at RMIT Design Hub as part of the upcoming Practice Research Symposium (PRS). Volunteers play an important role at the Design Hub, they are the public face of our building and assist with the day-to-day running of our public spaces. Volunteers at the Design Hub will gain valuable skills, develop new networks and gain new knowledge into a broad range of design fields.
- Greet visitors and provide directions
- Provide visitors with information about the Design Hub and specific exhibitions and programs
- Assist with building and exhibition tours
- Gallery sitting and security
- Maintenance of the presentation of public spaces
- General event operations support (some out of hours)
- Assist with exhibition installations and deinstallation
- Administrative duties as required
This Volunteer Program requires availability of one shift per week, 11am - 3pm Tuesday - Friday, Saturday 12 - 4pm for the duration of the exhibition, Saturday 6 June - Wednesday 17 June.
- Skills development
- Network development
- Written references where appropriate
- Design knowledge growth
- Invitations to openings and special events
Places are limited. To apply, please complete the following and email to RMIT Design Hub Exhibition Assistants by COB Wednesday 3 June:
- Volunteer Registration Form
- Cover letter indicating availability and explaining interest and motivation in volunteering at Design Hub
RMIT Design Hub Exhibition Assistants:
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by COB Thursday 4 June.