Design & Play Volunteer Program
Volunteer at RMIT Design Hub as part of upcoming exhibition Design & Play. Volunteers play an important role at the Design Hub, they are the public face of our building and assist with the day-to-day running of our public spaces. Volunteers at the Design Hub will gain valuable skills, develop new networks and gain new knowledge into a broad range of design fields.
- Greet visitors and provide directions
- Provide visitors with information about the Design Hub and specific exhibitions and programs
- Assist with building and exhibition tours
- Gallery sitting and security
- Maintenance of the presentation of public spaces
- General event operations support (some out of hours)
- Administrative duties as required
This program requires availability of one shift per week, 11am - 2pm / 1- 5pm Tuesday - Friday or Saturday 12 - 3pm/2 - 5pm for the duration of the exhibition, Friday 29 April - Saturday 14 May.
- Skills development
- Network development
- Written references where appropriate
- Design knowledge growth
- Invitations to openings and special events
To apply, please complete the Volunteer Registration Form email a resume and cover letter explaining your interest and motivation by COB Friday 22 April to RMIT Design Hub Exhibition Assistants:
Image: Timing, Arlo Mountford and Nick Selenitsch 2013, mixed media kinetic sculpture. Courtesy of the artists and Sutton Gallery Melbourne.