2019 Project Proposals
Please note: Proposals for the 2019 program closed on Friday 29 September 2017.
RMIT Design Hub is a progressive educational environment. It houses a community of architects, designers, curators and students for collaborative, inter-disciplinary design research and education within a purpose-built, 10-storey building that also includes RMIT University's School of Architecture & Design and the RMIT Design Archives. The Project Rooms at Design Hub exhibit creative, practice-led research and are open to everyone. Exhibitions at Design Hub visualise, perform and share research ideas and make new research connections.
Design Hub welcomes submissions for design research projects, exhibitions and activities to contribute to the yearly program.
SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN TO ALL APPLICANTS INCLUDING:
- The RMIT design community including staff, design researchers / students, alumni
- The wider design community domestically and abroad
- Local and international industry and cultural partners
REVIEW AND APPROVAL PROCESS:
Applications are reviewed by the Design Hub Curator/s in consultation with the Design Hub Advisory Network. The Design Hub Advisory Network comprises a mix of RMIT staff and industry professionals including: Design Hub Curator; Design Hub Creative Producer, representatives from each of the Schools active at Design Hub, and invited external members.
All applicants will be notified of the outcome of their proposals eight (8) weeks after the annual Design Hub Advisory Network Meeting is concluded.
- The extent to which the project demonstrates original design research;
- The degree of innovation and experimentation in the proposed presentation;
- Capacity for the project to instigate new connections and exchange between RMIT design researchers and the wider design industry and community;
- Capacity for the project to stimulate critical debate and discussion and to engage audiences;
- Viability (time and financial) and evidence of good planning
To discuss your project ideas please contact:
Design Hub Creative Producer
Project proposals for the 2019 annual program is now open through our online application form below. Please preview the form for submission requirements. Proposals closed on Friday 29 September 2017, 5.00pm AEST.
+ Floor plans
+ Space specifications
Image: Nathan Gray, Work With Me Here, RMIT Design Hub 2015. Photo: Tobias Titz.